Saturday, April 01, 2006

An Introduction

Here's the little something you should know about me that explains the title I have chosen for my blog. I am almost 30 years old and I am a virgin. This statement, as the focus of this blog but only revealing of a very small part of my character, will probably lead you to think one of following 5 things:
1. I'm lying.
2. I'm not lying and am probably just ugly or something.
3. I'm a closeted lesbian.
4. I'm a religious fanatic that doesn't believe in premarital sex.
5. So what?

Though I would love it if the most common one was 5, I'm not that naive. I'd like to not be a virgin but I need a little help. (That's not an open invitation however.)*
So, my responses are:
1. I'm not.
2. I've actually been lucky enough to have friends, family and strangers alike throughout my life compliment me on my physical appearence.
3. I'm not.**
4. I'm really not.
*Yes that parenthetical statement could be my problem right there.
**Will blog the story of how I know this for sure later.

So you're asking, what's your problem then? Why are you still a virgin?
Honey, if I knew the answer to that I wouldn't have started this blog. I have my theories, my suspicions and my relativities, but no concrete answers.

I came across almost40yearoldvirgin's blog and did not stop reading until I had consumed the entire thing. He talks about its theraputic value and it inspired me to make an attempt. I also want to show the inner world of a female virgin in comparison to his of a male if only to poke holes in his generalizations (which I do not deny he has every right to make). Everyone knows therapy is not cheap and since I am inclined to believe my sorry corporate benefits won't cover sessions about why I am not and have never been sexually active, this will have to suffice. 40yearoldvirgin is called names for his anonymous honesty but he is also encouraged by other bloggers. As there is no name in the book anonymous people could call me that I haven't already called myself, I suppose I'm just looking for a kind of outlet and maybe some advice? My plan is not to make this a pity-party but to work out my fears, get over them and attempt to find a loving, intimate relationship with someone. Because really, isn't that what life is about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much in the same vein as how you stumbled across almost40virgin's blog, I stumbled across your's (through his, actually)...and I get the feeling I'll probably wind up spending a whole evening reading because I find myself relating a lot to what you've written.

Anyways, I have to admit that I'm not much of a blog reader, even though I'm a pretty avid blog writer...and one thing I've always appreciated is when someone takes the time to write and say, "Thanks. It makes me feel a little less alone when I read a blog like your's."