Friday, November 16, 2012

Three and Four

Date #3 Dinner in Chelsea

The Nor'easter hit and when he texted there was already 4 inches of snow. I said as long as public transportation was running I was not rescheduling again! The restaurant he chose ended up being closed so we walked around to the first decent restaurant we saw. Conversation was still easy and it was fun to be out during such a snow storm. We discovered yet more parallels in our lives and when the date ended we kissed. And then I went in for another real kiss. It was really nice. He has soft lips. :) He immediately texted to meet up again for dinner next week, this time no snow.

Date #4 Dinner in Chelsea take 2

We decided to go back and try that restaurant again, and yet again it was closed despite the website NOT mentioning the closure either time. I heard some people passing by say it had been closed since the superstorm so it's even weirder that the website doesn't say anything. Also weird that it was not in the area that was flooded and the attached store was open. Anyway, again we were forced to just walk along the avenue to see what else there was. We stopped for Thai food, my favorite. I think I was a little low energy in the beginning because I was hungry and a little tired, but once I got some food in me I felt better. And then I didn't. Conversation was still fine, but things felt a little different to me. My stomach suddenly felt weird and I couldn't finish my food. Maybe a little anxiety attack? Then we went for coffee and tea and things felt even weirder. It seemed like he was distracted or suddenly not interested in what I was saying. He was tired too though so it may have just been an off night, but something nagged at me. When the date ended he kissed me quickly and we went our separate ways. No text followed from either of us. 

I'm not sure what to think but you know I can't stop. Mind on overdrive despite my best efforts to calm myself. 

No comments: