Saturday, January 27, 2007

Conversations With Mom

QV: can you believe im almost 30?
Mom: not really. youre still a kid to me
QV: i'm still a kid to ME. you got yourself a peter pan in me
Mom: right hahahahaha
QV: every single astrology both western and chinese say independent, loner, etc etc
Mom: cant have kids that way
QV: your fault. shoulda had me in 76 in april or something
Mom: oh well, no grandkids for me
QV: oh stop it. maybe if you said nice things about boys everyone once in a while....
Mom: i like D how about that
QV: ha! little late for that. why didnt you encourage me in highschool?
Mom: i did. you said one of your friends liked him and you would not get in the way blah blah blah. always a goody two shoes

Apparently I was born a goody two shoes. My mother had 12 marriage proposals and had broken 12 hearts by the time she met and married my father (at 20).

2 comments:

jo said...

surely your mom wasn't suggesting that you should have gotten in the way of your friend and D right?

well i was born a goody two shoes too. and with a peter pan complex. my mom said that to me recently and i laughed. i told her i wanted to be tinkerbell.

LYS said...

Yes...she is. And she's totally right. That friend turned out to be a horrible, insecure person who made my life miserable anyway. I should have just gone out with D and lived my life according to me, not her. Ah well, lesson learned right? Doh. Nope, had to learn that one a few more times before it stuck...
But here's to Nevernever land!! :)