Friday, September 08, 2006

Eyes On The Prize

So it was only a matter of time before I got around to blogging about that 29 year old virgin all over Jane magazine's website. I am still trying to formulate an opinion about the whole charade. To be fair I haven't read through everything...I only made it through a couple he said/she said blogposts about the dates before becoming dangerously close to shooting myself.

I mean, in terms of meeting men it's a brilliant scheme. Get a couple hundred people to send in potentials, have a magazine screen out the obvious mental cases and pay for every date, then have the reading public vote on which guy you should go out with...Voila! There's no work required of her in finding suitable men to get to know in 5 hours or less. Plus absolutely no pressure because she has a new date tomorrow night. No guilt for hurt feelings because all the Jane readers and others drawn to the ridiculousness will be in on it. He's just a fool if he thinks he'll get away unscathed for admitting he feels there's a "connection" and she doesn't.

On the other hand...ew. Does she honestly think she's going to find a guy she "connects" with when the first person every date meets is a 'handler' (fancy word for production assistant of a just graduated college and this is their first paying job kind) who sticks a mic pack down his pants and leads him to a specified place of meeting? Oh they are all so honest in their blogs about how the people swarming around them listening to every word is only slightly distracting, but after a while it's fine and they can't wait to go out with her again to really get to know her.

Vomitous.

It's the bachelor(ette) all over again, only it's about her being a virgin rather than her need to get married because she's in her late twenties, single and childless. Which put in those terms actually kind of makes it acceptable. Here's to hoping she's only in it for the sex. I will laugh my ass off if the payoff post reads:

"Chad was so charming and cute! We hit it off immediately and the connection was hot! After our dinner at Nobu which we could barely get through without touching one another, we cabbed it back to my apartment where I threw him down and made him make a woman of me. Three times! Thanks Jane! I never thought I'd finally find my fuckbuddy!"

Two months and counting...

2 comments:

jo said...

if you have one of 'em nifty tracker things, i'll probably be classified as a stalker 'coz i just read through your entire blog. it's a very interesting read and i understand where you're coming from.

LYS said...

thanks jo- sorry to have kept you up. :) soon as i can i intend to repay the favor.