Sunday, May 20, 2007

Let [Me] Them Eat Cake

Friday was my last day doing my old job. Finally. As of Monday I am full time in the new position. I've been doing the job part time for awhile now, so it'll be nice to stop splitting my attention/time between two and focus on the better one. It's really just a long awaited shift to the creative position I should have moved into a year ago. Anyway, my question is, what does it say about me that I wanted a little goodbye kind of thing and didn't get one? I won't be working with the same people I've been working with for the past three years, and I will miss them. I told a few people it would be my last day and expected it to spread. I suppose that was dumb considering I did the same thing about letting them know about the promotion in general and months later some were still saying they'd just heard. I didn't want to walk around with a trumpet but I guess one ultimately has to be responsible for tooting one's own horn. It's my own fault but it's just so easy to play the victim...to feel almost forgotten.


So far this year I've been to two surprise thirtieth birthday parties for good friends, each thrown by their significant others. I was just invited to another one this summer for another good friend, thrown by her significant other. I can't help but wonder who would throw one for me? Not that I really want one, I think I just want to know that I have friends who care enough to put something together. Or at least one person.

A friend of mine does want to go to Vegas for my 30th. I'm not a gambler but from what I hear that's no longer the main attraction. If she can get a few of our friends together to go I'm all for it, but I doubt anyone can pull it off, time or money wise.

Maybe I'll just treat myself to a trip somewhere. One of those adventure type tours...hmmmm...

No comments: