Thursday, November 02, 2006

'Tis The Season

The cousin who called a few months ago to leave a disgruntled voicemail about how our younger cousin got engaged...just got engaged.

My response: I TOLD you you'd be first.

I have not met him yet, but he's got to be better than the last guy she was with...the one who actually threw his car keys at her when she said she'd better drive because she knew the way better than he did. From what she has told me about her now fiance, I've gathered that he is the first non meat head she's ever been with. I am really happy for her and I hope to meet him soon. We used to talk about living next to one another as adults and raising our kids together. Well...she used to talk about it. Considering she'll never leave the area where she currently lives and I'll probably hit 50 before I open my heart, I'm thinking it'll always just be a childhood fantasy about adulthood.

A co-worker who once wrote, "I can't wait until we date" in a playful email exchange also just got engaged.

My response: Congrats! PS f you for making me cover for you while you called out to celebrate.

I brought cookies to the engagement gathering. His girlfriend is really sweet.

I am intrigued by how people meet. Mostly because I can't seem to do it. Rather, I can't make myself do it. It's fascinating how it's so easy for everyone else.

In more important news, the surreal dreams are heyla, heyla. I don't feel overly stressed though, so I'm wondering why they're back with such force. For the past 2 or 3 nights that extremely creepy sensation of being watched has plagued my verge of sleep self. There is an odd connection to work because I hear the worry, 'what if the people at work are watching this?' in my thoughts. And by this I mean me sleeping. So WEIRD. What the hell is burrowing into my little mind?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not easy for everyone else to meet. Some people have an easier time than others. It was always hard for me. It does, however, require you to open yourself up to the possibilities. That means taking risks at being rejected, hurt, etc. But then, you've probably heard this crap before.

jo said...

i'm really fascinated by how people meet too. i usually ask how they met. maybe in some warped hope that i could try that method and it'd work for me too.