Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Now

2015
I've made no resolutions to break.
I've managed to maintain a positive outlook.
I've become acutely aware that my happiness depends solely on my ability to embrace my life as it is without letting other people's expectations tarnish it.
It's a hard road because the world's visuals alone carry so much weight, but I know I'm strong enough.
I've comes across all these terms that when I research them seem to apply to me- introvert, indigo, free thinker- but then I realize I'm just finding new ways to box myself under a label. A label other people have created.
So here is to embracing myself as I am and my life as it is and letting what other people think roll off my back.
Someone get me a drink, I'm going to need a little help. ;)

5 comments:

alifelivedalone said...

Get it! I'll buy you a drink anytime :)
Vanessa

LYS said...

:) thanks Vanessa! likewise!

alifelivedalone said...

I'll try :) I may be stateside sometime in the next few years, if you wanna take me up on buying that drink I'm game :)
Vanessa

LYS said...

for sure! :) it would be fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! But there are times when I wish I could fit under a label, at least that way there would be an excuse for me to be the way I am.