Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Maybe This Time

Thinking about maybe giving eharmony a try. Despite the many times I've said online dating won't work for me that tiny unsinkable optimist in me is scratching at the inside of my brain. Also despite knowing eharmony is homophobic and probably a number of other despicable things, I can't help but feel like the real life route I'm wishing for just isn't happening. I don't have the highest hopes, but weirdly I have hopes. I don't know. I haven't gotten beyond the start page yet so we'll see. Also, maybe they will reject me anyway. Then I can stop thinking about it being a possibility at least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should give it a go. Even if it fails you'll be no worse off then you are now. But if it works...

Nil said...

Maybe try approaching it with the attitude that's just for practice or building character, without this pressure that it should lead to meeting someone perfect. I know it's easier said than done, but this way whatever happens will be a success.

alifelivedalone said...

I think you're brave for giving it a go :) And who knows? There are plenty of people meeting online these days so why not you? No harm in having a go anyway, good luck! :))

Nikki Diamond-Christudas said...

The first time I tried plenty of fish online dating I spent 8 months constantly rewriting, lengthening and improving my photos. No go. 6 months later I tried again and got a marriage request. But he wasn't as intellectual as me. Then I waited 6 months, put on another ad very clear about who I am and what I want. I met the man I now call husband the same day!