Sunday, June 13, 2010

Notes In Passing

Well, two weddings down, two to go. The first was full of family friends I've known forever so it was fun (though no prospectives) and the second was full of people I didn't know at all so I kind of sat alone at a table all night. Truth be told, the sexy little dress I was wearing required pasties and I FORGOT TO PUT THEM ON. So I really couldn't get up and dance, for modesty or class I don't know which. (Don't ask me how in the world I forgot something as important as that. I didn't even realize it until I was half way up the thruway!) I chatted with people don't get me wrong, it's not like I relegated myself to a corner refusing to look anyone in the eye. I'm not that bad. But it seemed everyone there knew and were friends with a lot of people, and there definitely weren't any single guys. I was just kind of the odd one out knowing only the bride and her family. Funny how things work like that sometimes. I lived with her for four years!

I have no new realizations about myself. The art class was a lot of fun but full of only females. The work was kind of intense so we didn't end up chatting a lot which in turn means I'll never see any of them again. I still haven't met up with the guy I'm interested in. My friend has to kind of set something up and she's in the midst of wedding planning so I can understand why my dating needs are not at the top of her list of priorities. I'm meeting with the friend of mine that lent me the book about the guy with overwhelming defense mechanisms so we can chat about it. She had to read it for school so I'm sure she'll help me understand some things or at the very least put them in perspective. I have to skim it again because since I've read it my brain has filled up and emptied twelve times with other things. I find my retention level decreases with each passing year.

Anyway, hope you all are enjoying the summer, if that is what season you are in :) or staying warm if it is winter.

I wonder what Lady Ga-Ga would think of me....

5 comments:

silencio1 said...

That's a lot of weddings you've been to/going to lately! I haven't been to one since I was 17 when my cousin got married, but I remember going to a lot of them as a kid and teenager because I have so many cousins lol.

I hope you get to meet up with the guy you're interested in soon. Maybe you can contact him before you actually meet, like through email or Facebook? That would be a way of getting to know him more. I don't know where my dating life is going at the moment. I met up with the guy from the internet a couple of times and while I do like him, we are still in "hang out" mode.

Anyway, have a good summer too!

Ginger said...

The book about the dude with the defense mechanisms... what's it called?

jo said...

i've sat alone at a wedding before. it was fairly awkward, even for the people at my table who quickly realised that i didn't know a single soul other than the bride. glad it didn't stop you from chatting with other people.

hopefully you meet the guy you're interested in. i also recommend silencio's suggestion. or maybe at least get your friend to do a quick introduction online. surely that won't take too long.

Miss_Pepper_Potts said...

I have only been to weddings where I knew a lot of people, either because they were family or people I have been friends with for awhile, but there weren't single guys at either wedding. I did go to a Bat Mitsvah where there was a really good looking bartender...he kinda looked like Cillian Murphy the actor. I just kept thinking if I were ballsier(haha not a word) I would go up and chat with him. Oh well.

LYS said...

thanks silencio. i've been thinking about making the first move- i'm not on facebook though and i don't know if emailing him directly is a smart move. there may be a july 4th bbq in the mix...we'll see. hang out mode is the first step! :)

ginger - the book is called Dare To Be Human by Michael Shoshani Rosenbaum. it is fascinating.

thanks jo- hopefully i'll see him at the bbq. will report back! :)

pepper - mmm cillian murphy look alike! i've told one or two bartenders i thought they were cute. it didn't really go anywhere after that so maybe you didn't miss out! ;)