Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Brutal

A reenactment of the inner monologue/conversation I had with myself last night after letting the engagement of one of my youngest cousins sink in.

.........so e's engaged. what is she, 20? what's wrong with me?
you did not just ask that.
i did, didn't i?
you're just particular.
that is extremely irritating. stop it.
what?
evading the issue by attributing it to a quirky character trait.
seriously? evading? i've beaten this horse past its afterlife at this point.
you're right. apparently there is a comfort in beating this particular horse.
can we stop talking about beating dead horses?
you started it with your whole waa waa still single-
don't say it-
why won't-
i said don't say it-
anyone-
stop!-
love me?
i hate you.
oh please. you know damn well you're right where you want to be.
and where's that?
happily single and content to complain about it internally while maintaining a mysterious air so no one knows what really goes on.
can you please shut up?
you know i'm right.
i'm going to sleep now.
but you don't have any milk for your cereal tomorrow morning.
dammit! i also have to go to the bank and cvs to get soap.........

Is it still any wonder?

5 comments:

jgo said...

Why dont you get a matchmaker? Let them take the situation out of your hands.

Anomylous said...

i think your inner monologue and my inner monologue were separated at birth

Anonymous said...

Like anomylous, I get where you're coming from.

Here's the one I used to throw in there:
"What's wrong with me?"
(Asked after, "If _________ can find someone then why can't I?"

jo said...

it's worst when your mother actually just bout repeats your own innner monologue and asks what's wrong with you 'coz everyone else is getting hitched.

The Fighter Femme said...

Oh yeah, I can definitely feel what you're writing. I have this PERFECT cousin (several years younger than me, and I'm 28) with her PERFECT husband. They have the PERFECT jobs, built the PERFECT house and are about to conceive the PERFECT baby. Whenever we meet I have the urge to stab her in the eyeballs.

...By the way I'd like to link to your blog (reading it inspired me to start my own blog yesterday!), hope that's ok.