Friday, October 10, 2008

...We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Whine for a Defensive, Incredibly Profane and Irate Open Letter to That Random A**hole on the Street...

Dear random a**hole on the street:

When I stepped onto that curb and looked behind me in utter shock, it wasn't because I saw a 'brown man' and was scared of the stereotypes that surround your ethnicity. When I stepped onto that curb, there was no one around so when I felt something hit the back of my heel I thought a grocery had fallen out of one of the 10lb bags I was carrying. When I turned and was suddenly head to chest with your stupid a**, it completely surprised me. I was expecting a nectarine and instead was faced with you. The moment after that of course I was scared of you, you ignorant f*ck, you stood a head taller than me and were walking close enough to step on me. Why wouldn't I suspect you of something? There was NO ONE ELSE on the goddam sidewalk, why did you have to be so close?

Then you went into some kind of rant, throwing your hands up and looking back at me like I had done something wrong. You assumed I was scared of you because of your race. F**k you, you d*ck. I could play the race card too, 'cuz if you hadn't noticed, which you didn't due to your pointedly defensive reaction, I am a minority too. I could say you targeted me because the cops wouldn't care all that much if something happened to a brown girl like little old me. But I'd never do that because I'm not an a**hole.

I won't apologize for being female and worrying that a large male walking very close to me when no one else is around might do something to me. Have you been living under a f**king rock? According to the US Department of Justice, in America a woman is raped every 2 minutes so how dare you try to make me feel bad for fearing for my safety around you because of your own dumb a** insecurities about being a minority. I would have reacted THE SAME GODDAM WAY to a strange man of any race who was way too close to me for no reason.

Read the news. Learn about personal space. Walk in a woman's shoes for a day. Get a f**king clue, and while you're at it, get over yourself. Women don't look at you like that because you're a minority, they look at you like that because you're an a**hole.

Sincerely,
QV

...And now back to our regularly scheduled whine...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on, personal space is a big deal.

Anonymous said...

As a brown girl myself, I feel brown people use the racism excuse too much sometimes.

Kudos.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have been beyond scared if I looked up to find someone walking THAT closely behind me.

I seriously think that maybe his faux defensive reaction was to cover up the fact that he was caught out at doing something inappropriate anyway.

Anonymous said...

I was disgusted with my sex as I read your post but no more than usual. I have hated men for as long as I can remember. I don’t know who to blame for, God or our society.
What you went, are going through & will encounter again with men has no cultural, racial or socio-economic boundaries.
Speaking as a man, I have to warn you that we are all basically the same. For the most part we come in two forms of bad & worse. Of course there those of us that truly are nice guys but you would have better odds at winning the lottery than meeting them. I can’t comment on gay men as I have had very little exposure & don’t really know if they qualify as men anyway. You should trust & depend on no man. You truly are the superior sex & as such should not put up with us.
Men drink, stink & care more about their sports, toys & games than they do for you. That is a fact. Don’t be blind to it, look around you.

I can personally apologies for this sort of behaviour till I’m blue in the face but I’ll know that it will not be enough or change a thing, yet I still feel obliged to do so.
My sincere apologies to all intelligent, strong & independent women out there & sympathy for having to put up with my sex.
Darius
www.GodYesOrNo.com

Anonymous said...

This is so true! Are men just clueless about this? Men, maintain a distance of a few feet when you are walking behind women and if you are going to pass them, try to keep as much distance between you as possible so it is clear you are not going after her.

I hate when men rush to pass me or follow me closely, especially at night, because it sounds/feels like someone is chasing or stalking you. It is really creepy, and in light of the violence against women in this country, a fear that is not unfounded. I have been groped by men in broad daylight, so I feel no guilt being wary of men who invade my personal space.